RedJade is an industry leading product development platform that got our start in the food science domain. We help our clients recruit consumers, plan studies, collect data, and analyze their results while maintaining scientific process and integrity. The generic nature of our recruiting, data collection and data science solutions means we are in a unique, and as a developer a really fun, position of green field solutions and possible pivots in a self-sustaining environment.
We believe small, completely automated, asynchronous, and remote-first teams are the best way to build software. The model feeds the UX which feeds back on the model. We love taking ownership of the entire stack because it lets us take complete ownership of our product. If you think something is a good idea, prove it.
We are looking for someone that is self-motivated, autodidactic, and has strong opinions about what constitutes good code while simultaneously demonstrating a familiarity with intellectual humility.
- Domain and data modeling
- Clear, concise communication skills – verbal and written
- Rails or equivalent experience
- SQL (we use Postgres)
- SPA experience
- Test-driven experience
- UX design ability
- An eye for aesthetics
- Ability to critique code
- Statistics/data science/ability to consider and communicate your technical trade-offs in terms of probabilities
Nice to Haves:
- 3+ years industry experience in software engineering with full-stack web applications (particularly with rails or angular.js).
- Strong understanding of industry trends, and opinions on those trends, as well as in-depth knowledge of web technologies gained from research and professional experience.
- Computer science degree
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Complete the form below to apply today!